Gabicce Mare (PU) – Italy
The primary objective of the 200-hour hatha yoga teacher training course in Italy is to provide an understanding of yoga and its related practices from a basic to an advanced level, in a simple and systematic way, including practice and theory. Whether you have knowledge of this ancient practice or you are just starting out with Yogamea Yoga School’s 200-hour teacher training course you will reach a certain degree of understanding of yoga to enable you to teach professionally.
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Italy
The course is based on ancient Hatha Yoga techniques. The instructors are fully equipped to provide the insights needed to teach what will be beneficial to yoga teachers when instructing their own students. Yoga teacher training does not only enrich the learning experience but also the personal life of the learner and yoga practitioner as the benefits of yoga to the mind, body and spirit are highly positive.
Yogamea delivers their yoga teacher training program in conjunction with Rishikesh Yog Peeth to promote Hatha yoga and yoga philosophy. With the support of Rishikesh Yog Peeth in Rishikesh, India – the “birthplace of yoga”, Yogamea seeks to keep the flavour and the experience of a traditional Hatha yoga practice, with teachers joining us from Rishikesh where / when possible. The programme will be the same as that held at Rishikesh Yog Peeth where classes will include philosophy, anatomy and meditation alongside yoga asana or yoga postures.
This is an intensive yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision and communication. The 200-hour Teacher Training Course with Yogamea is conducted as a residential course to bring you the full experience of what yoga actually means and how a true yogi lives.
All Inclusive Package 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Italy:
- 4 weeks, 200 hour Hatha Yoga teacher training course
- 27 nights
- Accommodation (gold / silver).
- Three healthy, ayurvedic vegetarian meals per day with refreshments (please inform the front desk upon arrival if you are vegan or have allergies to certain food).
- Yoga Alliance USA certification – international certification that allows you to teach yoga anywhere in the world.
- Water and herbal tea
- Free time for local excursions
- Unlimited water and tea
- Access to Spa center with sauna, Turkish bath, and relaxation area with herbal teas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Beach nearby
- Massage (Choice of 2 massages included in the package of an hour each
- (NB: The service is included only for those who purchase the YogaTTC directly from Yogamea site)
Extra Services (on payment)
- Airport pick-up (Extra service on request)
- Train station pick-up from Gabicce Mare (Extra service on request)
- Bicycle rental available
- Optional tours
- Nord Walking with guide
- Beauty treatment
- Mineral water in the minibar
- Breakfast served in the room every morning
- Fruit basket on arrival
The city of Gabicce Mare is located on the Adriatic Coast and always has been a popular tourist destination due to its breathtaking sandy beaches and sightseeing. It is located in the same region as Pesaro and Urbino.
Its beaches extends for around 7 km and here you can relax with peace of mind, knowing that you are in a safe place.
Further inland you can find green spaces filled with ancient pine trees and varied vegetation, making your stay in the city of Gabicce Mare a peaceful one.
Types of rooms:
Even more space for your holiday in the Marche region: 22 sq. m. of elegance, with an excellent position, by the sea.
Compared to the Silver typology, these rooms have larger dimensions, up to 19 sq. m., refined furnishing solutions and above all excellent positions, with lateral views
For the duration of the yoga teacher training course, three healthy vegetarian meals will be served a day, including refreshments, fruit & tea available at any time.
How to get here
There are a number of options to reach Gabicce mare. The nearest airport is Bologna, Guglielmo Marconi International Airport (BLQ) It takes approx.. an hour and fifteen to get to Gabicce Mare and taking a train is very convenient. We can also arrange shared or private airport transfers, as an alternative to taking a taxi directly from the airport.
Transfers from Bologna Airport
The easiest way to reach Yogamea is the online booking of a Shuttle (Bus) from the airport departing daily to Gabicce mare.
The ticket needs to be acquired 24hours prior the date of travel.
Other arrival options are via the airports listed below:
- Ancona, Airport from Marche, Falconara Marittima AN (1h e 13 min)
- Airport Marco Polo from Venice (2 h e 32 min)
- Airport from Florence, Via del Termine, Firenze FI (2 h e 13 min)
- Airport from Milan – Malpensa (3 h e 35 min)
- Rome, International airport Leonardo da Vinci (4 h e 10 min)
If you let us know where you are coming from, we can help you find the best travel options.
Breakdown of the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
(These are guidelines from Yoga Alliance – some of these hours are contact hours and others are self-study.)
- Techniques, Training & Practice – 100 hours
- Asana / pranayama / Shatkarma / Bandha
- Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
- Anatomy & Physiology – 20 hours
- Yogic Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics – 20 hours
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga – Introduction
- Origins of yoga
- Different paths of yoga -Karma, Bhakti and Jnana
- Consciousness and awareness
- Evolution of awareness
- Evolution of elements (according to Sankhya darshan)
- Panch kosha (five covering or sheaths over consciousness)
- Four-sutra (preface of Patanjali’s Yog sutra)
- Panch-klesha (five causes of pain and miseries)
- Raja yoga and hatha yoga
- Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations)
- Asana (physical posture)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Pratyahara (withdrawal of the mind from the senses)
- Dharna (concentration), Dhayan (meditation), Samadhi (self-realization)
5 Practice – 10 hours
Evaluation will be carried out only for students who have a minimum of 90% attendance during the 4 weeks of training.
(this is only an example – subject to change)
- 05.45 am – Wake up
- 06.15 am – Herbal tea
- 06.30 am – Shatkarma / yogic cleansing
- 07.00 am – Pranayama and chanting
- 07.30 am – Yoga therapy / yoga asana
- 09.00 am – Breakfast
- 10.30 am – Yoga anatomy
- 11.30 am – Yoga philosophy
- 13.15 pm – Lunch
- 17.00 pm – Hatha yoga asana
- 18.45 pm – Pranayama & Asana class
- 19.15 pm – Dinner
- 22.45 pm – Lights out
» YMCD – Karmananda, Swami. Yogic Management of Common Diseases. Edited by Yoga Publications Trust: Bihar School of Yoga, 2010
» RY – Vivekenanda, Swami. Raja Yoga: Conquering the Internal Nature. Kolkata: Advaita Ashrama, 2011.
» MMMRY- Niranjananda Saraswati, Swami. Mind, Mind Management & Raja Yoga. Yoga Dristi Series. Bihar: Yoga Publications Trust, 2011.
» YA – Kaminoff, Leslie, and Amy Matthews. Yoga Anatomy. 2nd ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2012.
Yoga Teacher Training in Italy
Rishikesh Yoga Peeth (Yogamea in Goa or Italy) adopts the ancient approach to yoga to instil in each student the wisdom that yoga manifests.
Teaching and learning is therefore designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students at the school.
The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to the seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya).
The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to behave in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow.
We at Yogamea expect this behaviour, as described above, to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best of their ability.
Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west.
There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as is taught in yoga schools in the west.
Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Rishikesh Yog Peeth & Yogamea. Therfore, only those students who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the course should sign up
Code of Conduct
Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
Disrespect of the rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund.
Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission from the teacher or manager concerned, would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
A student must communicate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so there is no waste of food.
Yogamea does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
Make sure you are on time for classes – you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
Before departure from the school, students are required to return all library books and any other articles belonging to the school.
Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
Please click here to fill in the Application Form.
Advance payment of 10%, is required at the time of booking to secure your place on one of our 200-hour hatha yoga teacher training courses in Italy, Gabicce mare. Payment of the remaining balance will be required upon your arrival at the yoga centre. This deposit is non-refundable, so please make sure you are able to attend. In case of emergencies or other unavoidable situations, we can use discretion to transfer this deposit to another course within a year of the originally intended course date.